Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus



Finally I got a chance watch "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus"... After the reviews I've saw about the movie, I had low expectations for this, so I was quite surprised to have so much fun with it...
Again, it's the usual Terry Gilliam mixture of insanity, good storytelling, and above all, leaving stuff to the imagination of the viewer...
The film is as good for what it shows, as it is about what it implies... most of the tale of the Doctor himself is hidden and implied, and as such, we can build his entire story in our minds, which for an imaginative person is very cool...
The reviews were a tad cruel to this one (I wonder what exactly were they expecting, to be honest), but for me, the movie hit the mark, with superb acting (even the workaround with Johnny Depp, Collin Farrel and Jude Law to offset Heath Ledger's death), and more importantly, a non-conventional story, which seems to go in the direction of the "love-conquers-all" persuasion, but takes a U-Turn and goes to some very dark and unexpected paths...

All in all, I liked it very much and strongly recommend it to everyone...

To finish up this post, just a nify link: http://james-iry.blogspot.com/2009/05/brief-incomplete-and-mostly-wrong.html ... This is for programming geeks like myself, but it's a good laugh for those... :)

1 comment:

  1. i am Helen and i want to thank Dr.otonu
    for bringing back my ex boyfriend, we broke
    up for more than 8 month and he told me
    that he will never want to see me in his life
    again. i love him so much to the extend that
    i could not think of dating any man again, i
    was confused and depress due to the love i
    had for him,i did everything i could do to
    have him come back to me but all went in
    vain. so i decided to contact a spell caster, i
    did not believe in spell casting i just want to
    try it may be it would work out for me. i
    contacted Dr.otonu for help,and he told
    me that he have to cast a love spell on him, i
    told him to do it. after 5 days my boyfriend
    called me and started to apologize for
    leaving me and also he told me that he still
    love me. i was very happy and i thank Dr
    otonu for helping me get back my ex back
    to my hands. his spell is the greatest of all
    over the world, it was the love spell he cast
    on my ex that make him come back to me.
    all you ladies who want back their ex back i
    want you to contact Dr.otonu for the
    return of your ex boyfriend and also your ex
    girlfriend he can also cast any kind of spell
    you want him to cast for you. his contact
    email is( otonuspelltemple@outlook.com) or (otonuspelltemple@gmail.com)
    or call him on telephone (+2348169616855) just try him and there will be a
    solution to your case.

    ReplyDelete